What should I do if my vehicle breaks down on a toll road?
If you break down on a toll road, our cameras will spot you and an incident response team will be sent out right away.
If your vehicle breaks down on a toll road you should:
- stop your vehicle in an emergency stopping lane or breakdown bay
- if you can't get to an emergency lane or breakdown bay, park as close to the side of the road as possible
- switch on your hazard lights and remain in your vehicle
- if you have to get out, check carefully for traffic then exit from the passenger side and move behind a safety barrier or to the front of your vehicle, never behind it
- if you need assistance use an emergency roadside telephone (located in every emergency stopping area) or your mobile to contact the VicRoads control centre on 13 11 70 or CityLink on 13 26 29