What is CityLink?
CityLink makes getting around Melbourne quick and easy.
CityLink is a 22-kilometre automated tollway divided into two sections, the Southern and Western Links. It connects the Tullamarine Freeway, the West Gate Freeway and the Monash Freeway.
CityLink roads are clearly marked with blue and yellow tollway signs.
The benefits provided by CityLink include:
- Reduced travel time: Quicker connections between Melbourne's suburbs and the Central Business District, the airport and Australia's largest seaport.
- Savings to business: Estimated at more than A$250 million annually.
- Savings for motorists: Free-flowing traffic means less wear and tear on vehicles and fuel savings for motorists using CityLink. The Victorian Transport Association estimates that the commercial sector saves up to 25 million litres of fuel a year through using CityLink.
- Travel time certainty: Full electronic tolling means greater travel time certainty for freight operators and commuter traffic.
- Economic growth: Delivered growth valued at more than A$300 million. (Source: Allen Consulting)